Thirteen-Lined Ground Squirrel Removal
Thirteen-Lined Ground Squirrel Elimination
Thirteen-Lined ground squirrels are also commonly known as gophers. Thirteen-Lined ground squirrels are more of a problem in lawns as they prefer low grass habitats. Homeowners spend a lot of money on a well groomed lawn only to be mutilated by Thirteen-Lined ground squirrels. Otherwise they would not be a pest.
- Hibernate October through April, most active on warm sunny days
- 13 light stripes with rows of spots down their backs, white bellies
- Feed on grasses, weed seeds, grasshoppers, crickets, caterpillars, small bird eggs
- Holes are 2 inches in diameter, scatters the excavated dirt to make holes less obvious
- Stands upright to survey its domain, 2-3 acre range
- Mates early May, 30 day gestation period, 1-2 litters per year, 8 babies in a litter
BURROW BAITING SERVICE
Burrow baiting is a two service treatment. At the initial service bait stations will be placed and all of the burrows will be baited and filled with dirt. The second service is performed 2-3 weeks after the initial. At this service any new burrows will be baited again and the bait stations will either be picked up unless you want to start an outdoor Monthly Rodent Prevention Program (April-November).
One of our monthly Rodent Prevention Programs will help control new Ground Squirrels and many other small rodents as they try to return.
Pest Control Solutions
From Our Experienced Staff